The exciting BioLite Wood Burning CampStove is a brilliantly innovative way to enable you to cook with wood with the double benefit of using a natural and renewable resource with the same convenience as when using conventional fuels but with a much reduced carbon footprint.
Then add the bonuses of not having to deal with gas canisters as well as being able to generate electricity to charge small electronic devices such as mobile phones, MP3 players and LED lights off the grid!
The BioLite Wood Burning CampStove is designed for use as an outdoor stove (but not for use when exposed to heavy rain) which can burn a variety of natural materials such as sticks, pine cones, pellets and other biomass examples.
The stove could also produce a peak of 4 watts power output via the thermo-electric generator for charging the ever-expanding range of USB-chargeable devices with a continuous power output of 2 watts being able to be maintained – and all this while also powering its own fan that helps maximise the cooking efficiency of the unit.
Winner of the 2012 Tech Awards, Innovation by Design Awards and OWPG Derryck Draper Award, the BioLite Wood Burning CampStove continues BioLite’s mission to create world-changing products that give people access to energy through applying efficient designs to real-world challenges.
- Fuel: Burns sticks, pine cones, pellets and other biomass
- Fuel consumption: Approx 46 g of wood to boil 1 L of water
- Compatible devices: Most USB-chargeable devices including smartphones
- BioLite stove
- USB cord for charging internal battery
- Fast to boil: 4.5 mins to boil 1 L of water (depends on fire strength)
- Fire power output (peak): 3.4 kw (low), 5.5 kw (high)
- USB power output: Max continuous: 2W @ 5V; Peak: 4W @ 5V
- Weight: 2 lb 1 oz (935 g)
- Pot weight limit: 8 lb or 1 gallon of liquid
- Materials: Stainless steel, aluminium, plastic
- Pack size (H x W): 21 x 12.7 cm